4.9/5 star rated

Name Change Alabama top rated services in Monroe

Based on 125 User Rating

Adult Name Change Monroe County, AL

Monroe County Adult Name Change Order Includes:

Review and Research of Adult Name Change.

Real Complete Paperwork (No Kit) Only $89.

Adult Name Change Filing Experts Are Available To File Your Adult Name Change Request in Monroe County. Hire Experts Who Know Monroe County Adult Name Change Filing Process, We Can Help You Fill Out Adult Name Change Petitions And File Your Name Change Case in Correct Court.

In Monroe County, AL, when an individual reaches the age of majority (typically 18 years old), they can legally change their name through a court petition. This legal process requires filing a petition in the district court of the individual's residence, place of birth, or parish where the Vital Records Registry is located. The court will review the petition and grant the Adult Name Change if it complies with the legal requirements and is not being done for unlawful or fraudulent purposes. Once the name change is approved, the individual can update their identification documents, such as their driver's license, passport, and Social Security card, to reflect their new name.

Adult Name Change Monroe - AL

What is the Process of Filing an Adult Name Change Petition in Monroe County, AL?

The process of filing an adult name change petition in Monroe County, AL generally involves the following steps.
At first, you should obtain the necessary forms which our specialist's Name Change Alabama team will provide a completed Adult Name Change Process related to the county where you reside. The forms must be filled out in their entirety and with accuracy. You will be required to provide your current name, the new name you wish to use, and the reason for the name change. You will also need to provide personal information such as your date of birth, social security number, and current address. Once you have completed the forms with Legally Name Change Alabama assistance you will need to file them with the circuit court clerk's office. You will also be required to pay a filing fee, which varies by county. After filing the forms, you will need to publish notice of your name change petition in a local newspaper for four consecutive weeks. This gives anyone who may object to the name change an opportunity to do so. After the notice has been published, you will need to attend a court hearing. At the hearing, the judge will review your petition and may ask you questions about the reason for the name change. If the judge approves your petition, you will receive a court order granting your name change. Our Legally Name Change Alabama will guide you with specific instructions and requirements throughout your name change process.

What are the Requirements That Need to be Met Before Filing An Adult Name Change Petition in Monroe County, AL?

In Monroe County, AL, to request an adult name change, you must be 18 years old or older. If you have been found guilty of a crime, you may only apply for an Adult Name Change Petition after completing your sentence, probation, or parole. However, if the crime for which you were convicted was a violent offense, changing your name may not be allowed. It is important to note that violent crimes cannot be expunged from your criminal record.

What is the Process After Filing an Adult Name Change Petition in Monroe County, AL?

Legal assistance from Name Change Alabama is available to help you deliver the copy in person at the DA's office or through regular service of process. If you choose to deliver the petition in person, you will need to bring a copy of your driver's license or ID. When filing for an Adult Name Change Filing in Monroe County, AL, it is necessary to provide a copy of the petition to the District Attorney (DA) as part of the process. It is recommended to inquire with the DA about the estimated time for their response to your petition and ensure that they have your contact information. Once the DA has prepared and filed their response with the court, they will notify you. However, it is advisable to follow up with them after about a week in case they forget to provide an update on the status of your petition. Legally Name Change Alabama will help you to deliver the copy through regular service of process.

Will a Hearing Date Be Assigned for My Adult Name Change Petition in Monroe County, AL?

Once the District Attorney has filed their response to the name change petition in Monroe County, AL, the judge assigned to the case will make the final decision, which typically marks the end of the petition process. However, it is advisable to check with the Clerk of Court when submitting the Name Change Form to see if a hearing is required. Although rare, a judge may want to discuss the reason for the name change. Generally, judges approve name change petitions without a meeting as long as there is no attempt to evade debts or law enforcement or commit fraud. If a hearing is necessary, the clerk will provide a date and time, which can be held in court or the judge's chambers. In exceptional cases, the petitioner may be required to demonstrate that they have undergone medical procedures to permanently live in the gender associated with the desired name.

Adult Name Change Process in Monroe

What are the Next Steps Once My Name Change has been Approved?

Once the court approves your name change, the next step is to file the signed Order with the clerk of court to complete the process. After filing the Order, you will be issued a certified copy of it, which is crucial because you will need it to change your name on important documents such as your driver's license, Social Security card, or passport. Obtaining additional certified copies of the order is recommended and is often required to prove your Family Name Change to different agencies.

What Documents or Items Need to Be Updated Once the Court Accepts My New Name in Monroe County, AL?

After the court accepts your new name, there are several documents and items that you may need to update with various agencies and organizations. Updating your name with various agencies and organizations may take some time and require additional documentation. The Name Change After Marriage requires several documents, including a certified copy of the marriage license obtained from the Vital Records Registry of the Alabama Department of Health.

  • Social Security Administration: You need to apply for a new Social Security card with your new name either online or by visiting your local Social Security office.
  • Department of Motor Vehicles: You need to update your driver's license or state ID card with your new name, and you may also need to update your vehicle registration and insurance information.
  • Passport: If you hold a passport, you need to apply for a new one with your new name by filling out the appropriate forms and providing the necessary documentation.
  • Banks and Credit Cards: You need to contact your bank and credit card companies to update your name on your accounts and credit cards.
  • Employer and Payroll: You need to update your name with your employer and the payroll department to ensure that your paycheck and other work-related documents reflect your new name.
  • Utilities and Services: You might have to update your name on different utility bills and services, like gas, electricity, water, and internet/cable services.
  • Insurance Companies: You need to contact your insurance companies, such as health, home, and auto insurance, to update your name on your policies.
  • Professional Licenses: If you hold a professional license, such as a law or medical license, you need to update your name with the appropriate licensing board.
  • Voter Registration: You need to update your voter registration with your new name.

Petition for adult Name Change in Monroe

How Legally Name Change Alabama Can Help You?

Adults have the legal right to change their names through a legal process. The name change process enables individuals to change their name for various reasons such as personal preference, marriage, divorce, or to disassociate themselves from a negative association with their given name. Legally Name Change Alabama will guide you through the process involving filing a petition with the court, paying a fee, and publishing a notice of the Legal Name Change Approval in a local newspaper. The requirement for the adult name change is that the individual must be at least 18 years old and a resident of the state where the name change is sought. Moreover, it is required that individuals who wish to change their name do not have a criminal history and are not attempting to alter their name for deceptive intentions. After submission of your petition form with Legally Name Change Alabama assistance, once the court approves the name change, the individual will receive a court order granting the name change. The court order obtained after a name change can be utilized to update identification documents, including but not limited to, a driver's license, passport, and social security card, with the new name. However, it is important to note that changing one's name does not release an individual from any legal obligations or responsibilities associated with their previous name, such as debts or criminal records.

What is the Cost of a Filing Fee for an Adult name change in Monroe County, AL?

The filing fee for the Adult Name Change Cost is $89.95 and $119.95 for expedited service. Once you file with us Legally name change team will assist you in preparing your documents to be submitted to the court and provides step to step guidance so that your case proceeds further smoothly.

Top-Rrated Rehabilitation Center
4.9/5 Based on 125 User Rating

Frequently Asked Questions About Adult Name Change

What are the Monroe County, AL laws regarding Adult Name Change?
You can find the Monroe County, AL laws related to name changes by searching for Monroe County, AL Code, Sections 26-11-3 and 30-2-11. These statutes can be easily found online through a search engine such as Google.
What is the duration of the entire Adult Name Change Process?
The duration of the entire process of applying for a change of name can vary greatly, ranging from a day to six months or more. The time frame largely depends on the county and courthouse where the application is filed. If time is a significant factor, it is recommended to contact the local courthouse where the application will be filed to inquire about the expected processing time.
Is it necessary to go to the court for Adult name change filing?
It is recommended to file the necessary documents/forms for a name change in person at the local courthouse as it is the fastest and easiest way to file. In some cases, court appearances may be necessary in addition to the initial filing. It is best to contact the local court clerk for more information on court appearances related to a name change application. Online procedures may vary depending on the court's policies and procedures, and it's best to check with the court for any available online options.
If I relocated from California to Monroe County, AL, should I file my name change application in California or Monroe County, AL?
To apply for a name change, you must fulfill the residency requirements of the state where you plan to file. This means that you must be a permanent resident of that state in order to petition for a name change there. Every state mandates that the petitioner/applicant must be a resident for a certain period of time, usually six months or up to one year, before filing for a name change. Typically, individuals who seek a name change are required to provide evidence of their residency for the required duration.
What if my name change filing is rejected in Monroe County, AL?
Although most name change petitions are granted, the court has the authority to deny a request if there is a valid reason to do so. If a petition is denied due to a lack of evidence, the petitioner must wait until circumstances change before filing another petition because the court cannot address the same incident or event again. However, if the denial was due to a procedural error, such as filing incorrect forms, the petitioner should correct the error and request another opportunity for the judge to approve the name change. If a person loses their case in court, they have the right to request reconsideration by the court or to appeal the decision to a higher court. It is important to note that there is usually a limited timeframe of 30 days or less from the date of the judge's decision to exercise these rights, otherwise, they may lose their right to reconsideration or appeal. Seeking the guidance of an attorney is recommended when exercising these rights.
Do your forms apply if I only want to change my first name and not my last name?
Our name change forms and services are applicable to changing any combination of your first name, middle name, or last name.
Do your services include all the necessary forms, information, and instructions required for filing?
Our name change package includes not only the required forms but also detailed instructions and information on state statutes and requirements. However, we advise our customers to contact their local court clerk to verify that they have obtained all the necessary forms. Our forms are state-specific, but we understand that local laws can vary even within a state. We strive to ensure that our legal forms are as comprehensive as possible.